President - Lorien
Vice-President - Katriana
Secretary - Bria
Treasurer - Brooke
Historians - Katherine & Destiny
Chaplain - Jonathan
New Inductees :
NHS 2012 Inductees
In order to be eligible for National Honor Society (NHS), students must be at least a sophomore in high school, have attended Grandview for at least 1 semester, and have achieved a GPA of at least 3.3. They also need to demonstrate leadership, character, and service both in school and in the community. Students who meet the academic criteria will be notified by the NHS advisor at the beginning of second semester. They will then fill out a Student Activity Form if they want to be considered for NHS. The purpose of the form is to give the faculty more information about the student's involvement in community activities so the faculty can better evaluate the leadership, service, and character of the student. Students who do NOT submit a Student Activity Form by the due date will NOT be considered for NHS.
After collecting all the Student Activity Forms, the high school faculty will look through the forms and rate the students in the areas of leadership, service, and character. A committee of 5 faculty members (the Faculty Council) then meets to decide which students to invite to join NHS. They will consider the Student Activity Forms, the ratings by the other faculty, and their own personal experiences with the students. The invited students will then be contacted to join NHS and participate in an induction ceremony in front of their parents and community.
Anyone with questions should contact the NHS advisor.
Download Student Activity Form: Word | PDF
Junior and Senior NHS students volunteer at the Special Olympics during the spring.
Activities for the 2011-12 School Year:
We are planning to...
1. honor teachers and staff during Teacher Appreciation Week by making them breakfast.
2. help with Elementary Track and Field Day
3. help with the District Special Olympics in April.
4. staff an ice-cream shoppe at the spring open house.
1. selling school supplies two mornings each week.
2. honoring birthdays of the junior and senior high students with birthday cakes and a special song each month.
3. providing cookies and coffee at the parent-teacher conferences in the fall and spring.
We remain alert to other areas of service.