Grandview Park Baptist School was established as a school of Grandview Park Baptist Church. The original study for a school was started in 1969 by church members. In 1972, the school opened with a staff of five, an administrator, and 85 students in a K-6 program. From 1972-1977, the school added one or two grades for each subsequent year until 1977 when the first graduating class of 12 received its diplomas. In 1975 a new educational wing was added to the original Grandview Park Baptist Church educational wing. Today Grandview Park Baptist School is recognized by the Iowa Department of Education as a college preparatory school.
The school currently has over 1000 graduates, many of whom are serving the Lord around the world as pastors, missionaries, doctors, engineers, college professors, high school and elementary school teachers, husbands, wives, and dedicated servants of God. Grandview Park Baptist Church and School praise the Lord for the opportunity to have helped to provide a Christian education for these young people.